Lies I Told

Lies I Told - Michelle Zink Lies I Told was one of the ARCs I remember wanting the most back when we sent in our requests. I remember staring at it on Goodreads at, like, 3 o’clock in the morning and sadly texting Lacey about how much I wanted it to come out already, but when it finally came out, I read about one chapter and then I saw a review on Goodreads written by someone who had just finished it and was really disappointed by how it just sort of dropped off at the end, so I decided not to set myself up for failure. Of course, after that it was announced that this was only 1/2 of a set, but I had already decided that I was going to procrastinate about it, and that’s exactly that I did.

On one hand, I really hate myself for making me wait as long as I had to for this awesome book. But on the other hand, the wait for the sequel will be a little less agonizing, since it will be way shorter! I’m in a little bit of a review slump, though, and I’ve figured out in the past few days that it’s harder for me to review a book that I loved than it is to review one that I didn’t. (Is that a real thing? Do other people have to deal with that too?) So this review might not be as full-bodied as this book deserves it to be, but just know that I. Loved. This. Book. Alright, alright, no one comes here to hear my life story, right? So let’s get to the good stuff!

Lies I Told is one of my favorite books of the year – yeah, I know it’s only March, but I’ve already read a lot of books this year, so trust me, that means something! I loved this book so much. For a TL;DR version: the plot is amazing, the characters are amazing, the romance is amazing, the friendships are amazing, the families are amazing, the enemies are amazing. Everything is amazing. Is amazing even a word anymore? It doesn’t look like one. Whatever.

You can see my full review on Booky Berries!