The Merciless

The Merciless - Danielle Vega the first thing that made me want to read this book was the cover. immediately, i recognized the texture and the shade of pink was to die for, so i was more or less determined to read this book as soon as i saw it, without even fully reading the description. in fact, i didn't read the description at all before i started to read it. i had read over a couple of reviews here and there, with most of them saying this book was violent, chilling, and disturbing, but i hadn't been sure that it would have the same effect on me because i'm incredibly desensitized.

however, this book knocked it out of the dark. i felt uneasy while i was reading it, confused and not entirely sure who to trust or what to think, although i had my sneaking suspicions about how the whole thing was going to play out. it still managed to surprise me and keep me on the edge of my seat and unable to do anything at all other than drink this book up like it was the first water i'd seen in months. i started and finished it within a couple of hours, all in one sitting and without straying very much at all - which is quite a feat for me.

this book is definitely one that i would recommend to absolutely anyone who doesn't mind a dark/heavy theme, a little bit of gore, some religious undertones, and an overall disturbing (but delicious!) little tale.